Monday, April 28, 2014

In hindsight.


It's so weird. I was so nervous going into the half marathon. Almost scared. I waited for so long for the race day. And then it came. And it happened. And it's over. And i've already got a new race in sight, one longer than the other. Like the day after my big race, I was like "alright, might as well do the 25k." Which is kind of funny, because I remember immediately following the half, I was like "OH GOSH, I'm for sure only doing the 10k." But nope. All signed up for the 25k (thanks, dad!). 

My reasons for this are the following:
  1. I'm pretty much all trained, and I don't know how trained I will be in the future.
  2. My dad is doing it, and so it's an opportunity to do it the same time as him, and like I said with the other reason, don't know if i'd be able to do it with him in the future.
  3. It's the largest 25k in the United States. I think that it would be awesome to get to be a part of it. 

So yeah, already less than two weeks away and i'm not even nervous. Maybe I will be in a week. But right now i'm all good. I guess I've resigned myself to the distance already. And I know I can do 13.1 (actually, on that race at least 14, because Colin and I jogged to the old bridge to watch Lisa when she crossed it). 


No comments:

Post a Comment