Monday, April 7, 2014

Opinion #4: Winter running.

Winter running. Blehh... I do it. But it's... Annoying? Mostly, I don't like the clothes required. Why? Well, it's not that I dislike how they look. Actually, I love my running tights. They make me feel empowered. This is why:

  1. The weight. The comparison of what I wear in the winter and what I wear in the summer is crazy. And that's to be expected, but not enjoyable.ane time, like a year ago, I weighed myself before I had all of my winter running apparel, and after. And well, I was wearing six pounds worth. SIX POUNDS. I guess clothes are heavy? And shoes.
  2. So much more uncomfortable. I mean, I've gotten a pretty good read in regards to what to wear in the winter for best comfort, but in comparison to summer running apparel... So uncomfortable.
  3. It's harder to breathe. I'm not good at breathing with stuff around my neck... Like, it makes me feel claustrophobic.
  4. It takes FOREVER to get them on. Tights are... Tight. And there's just so many layers. It simply takes forever. 
  5. Because it takes forever, then my motivation levels completely tank. And because my motivation levels are lowered, the time to get out the door is so much longer. Like, i'll spend a good half hour getting all of my stuff on. 
So yeah. The clothes. Not fun. But still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment