Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Opinion #2: Indoor running. Track vs. Treadmill.

Okay, I already said that I prefer to run outside more than inside. 
But what about those situations where I have to run inside?
Or choose to run inside?
I then have another choice to make, which, when it comes down to it, doesn't end up being a choice at all because it's so obvious what to choose.

Track or treadmill?
Go around in endless circles or go nowhere fast?

Track. Hands down.

Honestly, treadmills scare me. I could count on one hand the number of times I have used one.
It's like, I have this image running through my mind of running on one, falling, and having my face shredded to pieces. And so yeah, because of that fear, I run on the track 95% of the time.

There is one thing that I do like about treadmills.
The fact that I can set a speed and force myself to run that. It's good for speed work. Or, it's good for giving an idea of what my body will feel like to run a certain pace. Other than that, track is my best friend when it comes to indoor running.

No comments:

Post a Comment