Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Opinion #3: I do kind of like running on the track.

For the following reasons, I do at times really enjoy running on the track:

  • I love seeing the people pass by. It's enjoyable. It distracts me. And I run so much faster when there's someone watching. I don't know how, or why, but something just kicks into high gear. I find an energy that I didn't realize was there.
  • I get lost in the time and in laps. It will be "just one more lap..." 5 laps later. Or "just until the end of this song..." (yes, I do still listen to music while running. I haven't quite leveled up to go completely without it. I sometimes do. But lately, most of the time, no. And that's another opinion for another time) but then another song I love comes on. And so I run. 
  • Thoughts will just cycle through my head, in a way that they don't when I'm running outside or on the treadmill... 
  • Distractions are taken away. Which, in one sense, can be a not as great thing. Like, there is less to distract from what is happening. But it can also be a good thing. I push myself harder. I'll be like "Can I go faster? Oh yes, I can" and I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment